They’re so in the spotlight that their bad behaviour is noticed.
If not witnessed first-hand, you see it in the people they coach.
Signs of coaches behaving badly:
- They yell and scream at players
- They think nothing about being abusive to those around them
- They’re over-involved in the game
- They cause players to become emotionally over-aroused
- They misread success markers, thinking hype and aggression wins out over cool-headed tactics and composure
- They think they’re bigger than the club, hard to reign in
- They’re indifferent to constructive feedback.