We’ve all come across them.
- They can be your club members or spectators.
- They can come from the visiting club.
- These people, both men and women, are outwardly offensive.
- No one’s off limits – other adults around them, coaches, referees, their own team members or the opposition, even kids playing.
- They sledge, scream and hurl abuse.
- Their bad behaviour worsens with alcohol.
- They’re irritating, annoying, they can get under your skin.
- They can be distressing and menacing.
- People become uncomfortable and move away, unsure as to the best way of dealing with this behaviour
- Their bad behaviour goes unchecked, so does their negative role-modelling.
Club Respect Smart steps can help.
S.M.A.R.T steps for supporters behaving badly